Cementos Molins has always been deeply committed to minimising our environmental footprint. Improving air quality by monitoring and reducing our emissions has long been a key priority for us. We are more than aware of just how much damage biodiversity loss can cause, hence why we go to great lengths to protect and conserve the natural habitats in the areas in which we operate.
What are our 2030 goals?
- Halve PM emissions to 50 g PM/t clinker, reduce NOx emissions by 40% to 1,400 g NOx/t clinker and cut SOx emissions by 10% to 32 g SOx/t clinker by 2030
- Roll out water and biodiversity programmes across all our plants in at-risk areas
Minimising our environmental footprint is achieved by setting up and honing targeted measures and initiatives:
- Alternative fuel analysis
- Round-the-clock emissions measurement at our plants and emission reduction measures
- Plans to save and promote a more efficient water useage
- Conserve and enhance biodiversity via targeted reforestation programmes
How will we achieve this?
Biodiversity management in Colombia
Cementos Alión is spearheading a number of environmental initiatives, ranging from the creation of ecological networks to protect species at risk of extinction, such as the white-footed tamarin, to growing endangered species of plants at native farms.
Emissions measurement and reduction at CMI
At the Sant Vicenç dels Horts plant (Spain) a round-the-clock emissions measurement system ensures that all parameters that require monitoring are continuously tracked and the data transmitted in real time to the relevant authorities, in this case the Catalan Regional Government.
6. Clean water and sanitation
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all.
14. Life below water
Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources.
15. Life on land
Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss.